All sustainable produce must be traceable to its source of origin. Oleochemicals produced from KLK OLEO has a highly traceable palm oil supply chain which supports long-term ecological balance of the environment.
Defined as traceable to Palm Oil Mills (“POM”) level for both Palm Oil based and Palm Kernel Oil based feedstock, excluding internal transfer within KLK OLEO group of companies.
The percentages disclosed were tabulated based on the weighted average purchases for palm oil related origin processed in participating operating centers.
The source of information shared, non-verified, included but not limited to:
- Supplier specific traceability disclosure: Suppliers submitted traceability information upon request for certain period*, based on cloud of mills. Traceability percentage is calculated based on mills information provided. Should suppliers provide statements of certain percentage traceable to POM level, this was also used to represent traceability.
- Supplier website traceability disclosure*: Information from supplier traceability dashboard.
- CIF Rotterdam Traceability (CRT) Template**: Specific for Europe operating centers, CRT templates ex-vessel were used as source of information for traceability calculation.
- RSPO certified purchases: Declaration of mills by suppliers in the RSPO PalmTrace.
- *Traceability information not necessarily match sourcing period. Only RSPO SG model can provide exact matching of traceability against sourcing period.
- ** Typically connect to shipments over the past 12 months. Suppliers that not in current supply chain, can therefore still appear on the mill lists.
- Direct: Purchase directly from the mill or Tier-1 supplier that has management control over the mill
- Indirect: Linked to the mill through Tier-1 supplier (e.g. crusher, refinery).